Sunday, December 6, 2020

Squirrels and Boaz

 


I have had a long-running battle with destructive squirrels and my back-yard bird feeders.  I don’t have anything against squirrels per se, my problem with them is their destructive behavior.  They will destroy a twenty-dollar bird feeder just to get at a handful of sunflower seeds.  Yesterday I was refilling my bird feeders, and I felt a tinge of remorse for the squirrels.  So, I sprinkled a few sunflower seeds on the ground where the squirrels could get them.  Later, as I watched the squirrels grabbing up the seeds that I had dropped, I was reminded of Boaz, who dropped a little extra wheat seeds for Ruth to find.  In Ruth 2:16&17, “… Boaz commanded his young men, saying, Let her glean even among the sheaves, and reproach her not: And let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leave them, that she may glean them, and rebuke her not.”  You see, because Ruth was looking out for her mother-in-law, Naomi, Boaz noticed, and he looked out for Ruth.  Hey, I was looking out for the squirrels because God is looking out for me!  Have you ever thought about who is looking out for you?  And who are you looking out for?  Hmmmm …

No comments:

Post a Comment