Monday, December 21, 2020

Surprise!

 


Do you like surprises?  No, I mean GOOD surprises.  Like the surprise you get when you open a Christmas present.  Not a surprise like a pop quiz in Chemistry class.  In 1968 I was doing my laundry on a Saturday afternoon while at college.  Someone told me that I was needed at The Happy Corner, the campus hang-out.  When I walked in the front door, I heard, “Surprise!  Happy Birthday!” from twenty of my friends.  It was a good surprise, but a bad surprise in the way that I was dressed.   All of my good clothes were in the washer.  I had on navy pants that were a little too short and a shirt that had in ink stain on the pocket that was the size of my hand.  I had put a pen back into my shirt pocket without the cap, and the ink had leaked out all around the pocket.  And here I was, the center of attention.  Not a good surprise.  But Paul said in Scripture that you have a tremendous surprise waiting for you when you wake up in heaven.  He said in I Corinthians 2:9, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”  Did you get that?!  The most fantastic things that you can imagine about the wonders of heaven, … it is going to be even greater than that!  And you will be surprised … in a good way.  That is if you make it to heaven.  Hey, are you ready for God’s surprises of heaven?  I hope so.  Message me right now if you aren’t prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment