Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Out of Control Lips

My mother loved us dearly, but sometimes she pinched pennies until Abe cried.  Of course, she had five children to raise and a husband to keep up with.  That oldest son was really a hand full.  :<)  My mother would take us to a dentist in Red Lion, Pennsylvania, a full forty miles away, because he was cheap.  And he was old.  If we squirmed in his dental chair, he would reprimand us saying, “Oh, you’ll be all right.  I’m almost finished.”  Surely nonvaccine didn’t cost that much!  But all was soon forgotten, because on the way home, we stopped at Maplehofe’s Dairy store in Quarryville and got lunch meat, bread, and RC Colas.  On one particular Friday I had a late appointment with the dentist, and I had extensive work on my upper jaw.  I got nonvaccine, for which I was VERY grateful.  But our school had a football game that afternoon (That was before we got stadium lighting).  I played trumpet in the marching band, but my lip was still numb.  I had no control over my upper lip!  The band director, Mr. Murdza, told me just to pretend to play and march with the band.  What an afternoon!  Hey, have you ever had a lip out of control?  Maybe it wasn’t because of nonvaccine, it was because of gossiping.  Have you ever heard yourself talking and evil words just came out of your mouth … and you just couldn’t stop saying what you were saying?!  It was as if something just came over you?  Well, I understand.  When Satan and his demons join with my flesh and wicked heart, nothing good comes out of my mouth!  Paul said in Romans 3:13, “Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps (snakes) is under their lips.”  Only the grace of Jesus Christ can clean up my filthy mouth and help me to speak words of kindness.  Hey, do you need your mouth “overhauled”?  Ask Jesus Christ.  He can help you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment