Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Reality

 

When I was in the eighth grade, I thought that my arms were skinny.  I wore a sweater every day so that no one would see my skinny arms.  What I didn’t realize was that, first of all, the sweater was considerably uglier than my skinny arms.  The sweater was stretched out of shape and had those knotted polyester “scabs” all over it.  And secondly, almost every boy in the eighth grade has skinny arms.  But that was how I felt and that was my reality.  Hey, what’s your reality?  Do you have something that bothers you?  It may not make sense to anyone else, but it is very real to you.  Jesus said in Matthew 11:2, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”  Are you living under the false assumption that you have to work to earn God’s favor?  Are you laboring to earn your way into heaven?  It’s hard, isn’t it?  Actually, it’s impossible!  Step back.  Take your hands off of your life.  Let go and let God have his way with you.  Let the good, good Lord be your reality.  Let Him order your life.  You’ll never be sorry that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment