Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Trade-Offs

 


I’ve noticed that life is made up of trade-offs.  Let me explain.  I shaved off my Santa beard which made it quicker in the shower: I don’t have to shampoo my beard.  It’s gone!  But when I get out of the shower, I have to shave, so it takes longer.  My longer Santa hair is gone, so I use less shampoo and it’s faster to shampoo short hair.  But now my neck is cold, so when I work outside, I have to take extra time to tie on a bandanna to keep my bare neck warm.  And I have to wash, dry, and fold the bandannas.  My Covid mask used to ride up with my beard.  I had to keep pulling it back down.  But with no beard, it stays down over my chin.  But now the stubble on my chin catches my mask when I talk and works it down, so I have to keep pulling my mask up.  But hey, there are some things in life that are NOT trade-offs.  When I get up in the morning, I have so much to do that I get busy right away.  I don’t seem to have the time to read my Bible and pray.  But if I read my Bible right when I get out of bed, it seems that I have much more time in the day to get everything done.  When it comes to the dear Lord, there isn’t a trade-off.  If I put God first and give Him my time first thing in the morning, God takes care of the rest of my day.  After all. He knows what the day holds … God knows what is going to happen today.  Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”  Put God first and you’ll have plenty of time to get everything else done.  Hey, if you are reading this post (which you are) and you haven’t read your Bible yet, stop, shut down facebook, and read your Bible.  You’ll be glad that you did.  Read your Bible first THEN read my post.  Oh, too late; you’ve already read my post.  :<)

No comments:

Post a Comment