Monday, December 7, 2020

Don't Steal

 


In 1998 I was with Brother Florin Doboş in Timişora, Romania with a Creation Lecture.  We had to go by the train station to get me a ticket back to Budapest, Hungary for my flight back to America.  But when we stopped in the parking lot at the train station, Brother Florin was concerned.  I had my computer bag and my fossil suitcase in the back of the car, but Brother Florin’s old Renault’s door locks were broken.  He couldn’t lock the doors and he saw some unsavory characters standing across the street.  So after we got out of the car, Brother Florin took out his ignition key and pretended to lock the car.  With items in plain sight, no one would suspect that the car WASN’T locked.  That would be crazy!  But, actually, we WERE crazy!  Hey, God simply says in Exodus 20:15 “Thou shalt not steal.”  God gives no explanation or embellishment.  God just flatly says, Don’t steal!”  Hey, don’t steal.  But what about taking a few extra pens from work?  Don’t steal!  But what about grabbing a handful of napkins at McDonald's?  Don’t steal!  Got it?!  Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment