Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Ants


I had two mounds of fire ants pop up in my yard a week ago.   Nasty little things!  They are so industrious; I’ll give them that.  Brother Jamie said this morning in church, “I’ve never seen an ant idle.  I’ve never seen an ant resting.  Every time I’ve seen an ant, they were on the move.”  And he’s right!  They work so hard.  Solomon watched ants and came up with the same observation.  He said in Proverbs 6:6-8, “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.”  Ants don’t need supervision.  Ants don’t have foremen or boss ants; they just seem to know what to do and do it.  They are always busy for the betterment of the entire colony.  And Solomon reprimanded the lazy man for not working like an ant works.  Hey, do you need someone to keep you working?  Would you rather sleep and lay around?  Take a lesson from the ant: keep busy and keep motivated.  Get the job done!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment