Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Car Wash Bonus

 


My car was so dirty that I had to go to the car wash Saturday.  It cost me $7, but I thought it was worth it.  They have a “bug removal” wash area before you go through to pretreat your car to remove the dead bugs.  I used it to remove the bird poo that accumulates because I park under a tree where the birds roost.  That’s the thanks that I get for keeping their bird feeder full.  But that’s another rant.  After I went through the car wash, I pulled around to vacuum the floorboard and wipe the windows dry.  While vacuuming, I found a stash of coins on the pavement that had melted candy all over them.  I scooped them up with a paper receipt from the back seat and put them in an empty Lowe’s bag.  At home, I washed them and spread them out on a towel to dry.  I counted $2.42!  Free money!  Hey, my car wash only cost me $4.58!  Some folk won’t bend down to pick up a penny, but I will … and then wash my hands (thanks to Covid).  Solomon said in Proverbs 15:6, “In the house of the righteous is much treasure: but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.”  I’m not sure how righteous I am, but at least the dear Lord provided $2.42 for me today.  And, at least I didn’t spend $2.42.

No comments:

Post a Comment