Monday, August 2, 2021

Mutt Mobile


My eleven-year-old grandson came upstairs at my house all distraught.  He had a look of fear, disappointment, and uncertainty, all wrapped up into one.  He had lost a plastic part to one of his favorite Hot Wheels.  It was time for his family to leave, he had been looking everywhere, and mom and dad weren’t happy.  I promised him that I would look for the little plastic piece and get it to him later.  His look of relaxed trust in what I had said warmed my heart.  I went through every trash can and looked in the vacuum cleaner canister.  Nothing.  I emptied out the bags of garbage onto a table outside and searched.  Again, nothing.  So I did want any grandfather would do.  I went online looking for a Mutt Mobile on Amazon.  And I got an education.  The Mutt Mobile was a hot item dating back to 1971.  It came in two colors and was rare.  I ended up paying $18.65 with $3.99 shipping.  But that was a small price to pay for a priceless little car for my grandson.  The next time that Bennett came over to my house, I said, “Hey, Bennett, I have something for you.”  And I handed him the Mutt Mobile.  His look of surprise and amazement and sheer happiness warmed my heart.  It cost $22.64, but that look was worth $22,000!  Bennett is my grandson, and I would move heaven and earth to give him good things.  Hey, did you realize that God loves you that much?!  The dear Lord would do anything for you … and He has!  He has given you the most precious gift of all: salvation through His substitutionary sacrifice on Calvary.  God wants you to be with Him in heaven forever and forever.  The old apostle, John said it simply in I John 4:19, “We love him, because he first loved us.”  If you ever realize the depth of God’s love for you, you will love Him right back!  Hey, enjoy God’s special love today.  He gave you much more than a toy car; He gave you His everlasting companionship and eternal life with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment