Saturday, August 14, 2021

Inheritance

Twenty years ago, I worked on Lookout Mountain for a man who had bought an old mansion that was built in 1880.  We renovated it adding wings to both sides of the old part of the house.  Mr. C. was a pleasant man to work for (on the surface) but had firm ideas about what he wanted his house to look like when it was finished.  He oversaw each detail of the construction work.  Mr. C. came from a wealthy family and didn’t work a job.  His full-time job was to keep up with his investments and keep his stock portfolio balanced.  When Mr. C. died in 2019, he passed on his endowment to his two sons.  Hey, I have an endowment of infinite value as well!  I’ll bet that you didn’t know that I was extremely wealthy too?!  But my wealth is heavenly wealth.  The apostle Peter said in I Peter 1:3&4, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,”  My inheritance is reserved for me in heaven, where I will live comfortably with my Savior and the heavenly Father forever and forever.  Hey, are you an heir to this heavenly inheritance?  You can be.  Accept the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and you too can become an heir to all that Jesus owns.  Now that’s some inheritance!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment