Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Trust Your Father


When I was growing up in Maryland, our family would go back to West Virginia each summer to visit Papaw and Granny Epperly.  In the days before interstate highways, we took US 340 through the panhandle of West Virginia.  As we crossed the Potomac River from Maryland, we went through the tip of Virginia and then into West Virginia.  My younger brother and I would try to hold our breath “all the way through Virginia” (which was only about 40 seconds, unless we got stuck following a slow truck).  One day on the way back home to Maryland, my dad decided to sightsee in the town of Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia, but we got lost.  While my mom and dad were looking for the right road, I was enjoying the scenery: beautiful green mountains coming down to the wide Potomac River below.  I wasn’t worried because I trusted my dad.  I knew that he would figure out the right way and would get us safely home.  I just enjoyed the ride.  Hey, have you ever lost your way in life?  Have you become worried about losing your job?  Has a loved one been suddenly hospitalized?  Have you been crossways with a spouse?  Can I put your mind at ease?  Your heavenly Father knows exactly where you are.  He is not lost.  And He knows what is ahead of you in your life and He is in control.  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:5&6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  Hey, rest in the Lord today!  Sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment