Friday, August 27, 2021

Sanitize


My wife has been hospitalized three times this year.  And when we are in the hospital, I am paranoid about germs.  I have heard that there are nasty germs that live on hospital floors.  I can’t see them, but I am afraid of them nonetheless.  Anything that falls to the floor either gets tossed or is soaked with hand sanitizer.  One particular day, my wife had been taken to dialysis and I was left in the room watching TV.  The cleaning lady came by and asked if she could clean while the room was available.  I assured her that she was welcomed to clean, and she did.  I pretended to watch the TV while I observed her cleaning habits.  First, she dusted hard-to-reach places.  Then she used disinfectant wipes to clean doorknobs, light switches, and commonly touched places.  She wiped the computer keyboard, the nurse call button, and the faucet handles.  She cleaned the bathroom and then mopped the floor giving special attention to corners and underneath the furniture.  Hey, I was impressed!  I was able to relax a little knowing how the room was clean.  Hey, how clean is your heart?  Have you taken the time lately to clean out dirty thoughts and filthy sins?  Have you confessed evil and cleaned it out?  David asked forgiveness of the dear Lord, and said in Psalm 51:10, “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”  Are you right with God?  Have you asked the Holy Spirit to disinfect your heart?  Is it time for some spiritual bleach to be applied to your soul?  Don’t wait for piles of sin to build up; do some housecleaning right now.  Confess and forsake your sin, and be clean before the dear Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment