Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Fear

I heard a great message last Sunday on fear.  Hey, what are you afraid of?  Snakes?  Bears?  Tornadoes?  Fear can be debilitating, and fear can be controlling.  I wake up at 3 am and I am fearful.  But most of the things that I am afraid of are out of my control.  So why do I fear if I can’t do anything about it?  Well, first, fear is one of Satan’s tricks.  And his second trick is lies.  So, when I am fearful about something that may not happen, I am falling for both of Satan’s tricks.  But don’t get pious with me.  I know you are fearful too.  But just realize that most of your fears are unfounded - they will never happen, some of them are inevitable - you can do nothing about them, and just a few of your fears you can do something about - in the morning.  So go to sleep tonight and trust God.  After all, He will be up all night anyway.  Paul advised Timothy in II Timothy 1:7, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”  Hey, use your mouse, highlight this verse, copy it, and paste it in a blank document.  Enlarge it to about 32 points and print out four copies.  Put a copy on your refrigerator and another on your bathroom mirror.  Lay another on the dash of your car and tape another on your flat screen TV … right where you watch the fearful, discouraging news.  Don’t fall for Satan’s tricks - trust God.  God will help you to sleep at night.  Yes, He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment