Sunday, August 15, 2021

Remember


In my lifetime I have gone to church about 14,560 times and heard the Word of God preached.  And that’s not counting the thousands of radio messages that I have heard while driving around town.  You’d think that I have heard it all by now.  By now I should have learned the Bible and what it’s all about.  And I have - sort of.  I know the facts and stories of the Bible, but I need my life to be affected by the Bible.  And I forget and need to be reminded.  I need to be reminded that Christians are on the winning side.  I have read the book of Revelation, and I know how it all ends!  I need to be reminded that this world is not my final home.  I need to remember that terminal sicknesses lead to heaven.  I need to be reminded that I am rich in Christ Jesus!  David said in Psalm 77:11, “I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.”  Oh yes, I know it all, but I need to be reminded of the wonderful goodness of the Lord because I forget.  “Help me to remember your steadfast goodness, O Lord,” is my prayer for today.  Hey, why not pray that prayer yourself?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment