Sunday, December 12, 2021

Ace Hardware


I went by Ace hardware yesterday to get some black paint to letter our church sign.  The worker said it needed a little extra time in the shaker since black paint has extra pigment in it.  I told him what I was going to use it for, which gave me an opportunity to invite him to the Christmas caroling.  He said that he was a Christian but didn’t go to church.  I am an old man and wasn’t afraid to call him out.  I asked, “Why don’t you go to church?”  He fumbled with a lame excuse.  But he was stuck.  It was his idea to put the paint on a longer shaking cycle, which he was now regretting.  He said he had four grandbabies.  And I went in for the kill: I asked, “Do they go to church?  It’s a hard world to raise kids in today.”  He agreed but didn’t say if they went to church.  He was very glad when the shaker finished with my paint.  I am praying that the Blessed Holy Spirit will keep the pressure on him.  Hey, he needs to be in church!  And his grandchildren REALLY need to be in church.  Come to think of it, … did you go to church last Sunday?  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”  As our country gets darker and darker, we need to hang together with other Christians.  And if you aren’t a Christian, you need to be!  Come and join me this Sunday!  Message me for time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment