Monday, December 13, 2021

Newer Version


I have a great music program called Musescore.  I can write music and replay it, but I’m afraid it’s like teaching the old dog a new trick.  Hard to do and makes the dog cranky.  I noticed that they have a new version out … Musescore 3.6 … and I’m just getting used to Musescore 3.2  Oh well, It’s like the old dog again.  Hey, I’m sure glad that my salvation never needs to be upgraded to a newer version.  The old version has worked well for a little over two thousand years.  That’s because the original Creator of my salvation got it right the first time.  The dear Lord doesn’t need to improve on His Masterplan.  It still works.  It’s called, “The Old-Time Religion” and “it’s good enough for me.”  But sadly, there are folk that want the new-fangled updated versions of their own “religion”.  God’s way is not good enough for them.  Oh, new methods and new music are fine, but the way to eternal life never needs updating!  Jeremiah warned Israel (and us) in Jeremiah 6:16, “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.”  God’s way is the best way and never needs improvement.  God’s way just needs to be followed, and when you do, you will find rest for your soul.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment