Thursday, December 16, 2021

No Tricks


I like surprises … if they are good ones.  I like a surprise birthday party, but I don’t like a surprise flat tire.  Yesterday, my wife was looking on Pinterest for ideas for home-made Christmas presents.  She saw what looked like a Swiss roll.  But upon closer examination, it was brown and white washcloths rolled up and tied to look like Swiss rolls.  How disappointing.  There may be some ladies that would think it clever to roll up washcloths like Swiss rolls, but I think it’s an evil trick.  Hey, don’t mess with my food!  Years ago, when I was about ten years old, a neighbor boy offered me a stick of gum.  But it was one of those tricks that snap your finger when you pull the stick of gum out of the pack.  I was so upset that I still remember it after sixty years (no, I don’t hold a grudge).  I am glad that the dear Lord never disappoints me!  Jesus Christ always delivers what He has promised to do.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”  Isn’t it comforting to be able to depend upon the faithfulness of Jesus Christ?!  No tricks; no gimmicks; no surprises?!  Just the same trustworthiness day in and day out.  How comforting to be able to depend upon Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment