Monday, December 27, 2021

Opening Jelly Jars


My wife used to give me jars to open for her.  Now that I am seventy-two, I give the jars to my grandsons.  The other day I was struggling to open a jelly jar.  I tried wetting my palms to get a better grip.  I tapped on the jar lid with the but end of a case knife to loosen it a little.  I was finally able to pop it loose.  Hey, I don’t have the muscles that I used to have.  I weigh the same … but the bulk is leaving my arms and legs and migrating to my waist.  Oh well …  Hey, we are spiritually weak without the dear Lord.  Paul said in Romans 5:6, “For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.”  When it comes to our salvation to take us to heaven, we are hopeless and helpless.  We just can’t do it ourselves.  We need Jesus!  We need a Savior who can help our weaknesses.  Verse 8 sums it up: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”  The good Lord stand ready to help those who call upon His name.  If you realize that you are needy and helpless, take heart: Jesus is ready to help.  He can do it!  Yes, He can!

No comments:

Post a Comment