Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Words


My dad passed away 27 years ago.  Often, a random trigger reminds me of him, and I try to remember details of his face or remember his voice.  But with the passing years, my memory fades.  Usually, the trigger is something that I say that reminds me of what my dad would have said.  I am speaking to my children, but I hear words coming out of my mouth that my dad would have said.  Death doesn’t silence his voice; death makes me remember his words - it makes his words seem as if they were in ALL CAPS.  Let me pause.  I’m sounding dark, but my dad was a wonderful influence in my life and his memory is a good one.  The disciples of Jesus were in a dark place just after the crucifixion.  When the disciples of Jesus heard that His tomb was empty, they were shocked.  They ran to the sepulcher to see for themselves.  And when they saw the empty tomb, Luke records in Luke 24:8, “And they remembered his words.”  Jesus told them that he would resurrect on the third day, and they remembered His words!  Hey, do you remember the Words of Jesus?  Do you recall reading His Words in Bible?  The Words of Jesus will be a rock for you when your memory fades.  So, read the Bible.  Drink in the Words of Jesus Christ.  And when you need to remember, the Holy Spirit will help you to remember His Words.  Yes, He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment