Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Rember and Return


Sometimes I think that I have dementia or Alzheimer’s.  But really, it’s just that I have 72 years of thoughts that are cluttering my mind.  My mind is like my spare bedroom that has been gathering things for weeks.  Or that catch-all table that has been piling up.  Just too much stuff!  I remember as a kid when I had misplaced something, I would ask my mother for help.  Invariably she would say, “Have you looked in the last place where you had it?”  What a novel idea!  Go back to where I lost it.  Hey, that’s the advice that Jesus gave to the church in Ephesus.  They were a good church, but they had just lost their spark.  They had just lost their first love for God.  So, Jesus said good things to the church in Ephesus, but, in Revelation 2:4&5, “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent …”  And that’s the key for us too!  Remember and Return.  Remember your first love and return to where you were with God.  Hey, get back your love for the dear Lord.  He’s still there, just where you left Him.  Remember and return.  You’ll be glad that you did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment