Saturday, December 4, 2021

Buc-ee's


My daughter went with my grandson on a school field trip to Atlanta to see a theatrical production of “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens.  But Bennett was more excited to stop by Buc-ee’s in Adairsville, Georgia on the way back home.  Buc-ee’s is nothing but a convenience store … on steroids!  It is 53,000 square feet of store space with 120 gas pumps lined up outside!  My daughter and Bennett’s school teacher were in agreement on the importance of the cultural outing.  But Bennett was excited about … what Bennett was excited about.  What a difference of opinion a few years makes.  Paul said in I Corinthians 13:11, “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”  I would have liked to have seen “A Christmas Carol” in Atlanta myself.  But then again, I would have liked to stop by Buc-ee’s on the way back as well.  I suppose I’m still a kid at heart.  Sorry, I’m with you on this one, Bennett.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment