Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Dirty Boots


Our church had a great time Sunday evening at the Belvoir Triangle Park with our annual Caroling in the Park.  We sang more Christmas carols than usual because this year we used an electric piano instead of canned music.  Brother Jamie spoke about the various people at the nativity when Christ was born.  The hot cocoa was especially good since it was so cold Sunday evening.  But when I got home, there was a nasty smell in the house.  Marleen had brought Kathy home in her car while I helped clean up.  But Marleen and Kathy had both stepped in some dog poo at the park.  What crude people who don’t clean up after their dog does its business in the grass!  But wait!  I helped Kathy out of her wheelchair and into Marleen’s car at the park!  Could I have … did I … yes I did!  I had stepped in it too!  So tonight, I had to clean off Kathy’s shoes and my boots (which have deep lugs on the soles).  Of course, I had to do the cleaning outdoors, and it was cold.  So, being cold and wet and stinking, tonight I was not very happy.  But there always is opposition when you do something for the Lord.  Paul told the church in Corinth in I Corinthians 16:9, “For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.”  My suffering tonight was not even close to comparing to Paul’s suffering in the New Testament … but Satan will ALWAYS oppose God’s people.  You can count on it!  But along with adversity, there is an open door!  Hey, as our country gets darker with sin, God’s light of salvation will shine brighter and brighter.  Whether it is beatings with a Roman lash, or dog poo on the shoes, you can count on opposition.  But you can also count on the dear Lord’s sweet help!

No comments:

Post a Comment