Saturday, January 15, 2022

Bed-Head

No picture today.  Continue reading and you will understand.  I went to the bathroom Wednesday morning about 11 am and glanced at the mirror as I walked by.  I was not happy with what I saw.  (Don’t say it; don’t say it!)  My hair was a mess.  I had gotten up early to get Kathy ready for dialysis at 5:15 am and had forgotten to comb my hair.  As I combed out the ‘bed-head’ I wondered, how many people saw me this morning and said, “that poor old man.”?  Just a quick look into the mirror would have fixed my faux pas.  But I failed to look into the mirror.  Hey, how often do we fail to look into God’s mirror - the Word of God - which exposes our sin?  God wants to help clean up our lives.  But we fail to look!  Paul said in II Corinthians 3:18, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”  Hey, get out your Bible and let the dear Lord speak to you today.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment