Friday, January 14, 2022

Projector Bulb


Last week, my projector changed colors several times during the song service.  I thought that the bulb was going out, so I ordered another one Monday.  Nothing worse than a projector bulb burning out in the middle of the church service.  The bulb came in Thursday ($111).  But I began to think.  I haven’t cleaned out the projector air filter in quite some time, so I looked at it this morning and, boom! the filter was dirty!  I washed it and dried it well, and the old bulb seems to be working well.  I wasted $111.  But not really, because I now have a spare bulb ready for when the old one really does burn out.  Hey, how often do things begin to go wrong in my life, and I pause, and ask myself, “When was the last time that I spent an hour with my dear Lord?”  I have let dirt and debris build up over time between me and my dear Lord.  I must confess and clean out my heart so that my relationship can be restored to that sweet fellowship.  David said in Psalm 66:18, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.”  It’s not that the Lord is ignoring me, it’s that my sin has blocked our fellowship.  I must confess and forsake my sin to clean out the filter of my heart to restore the relationship.  Hey, don’t waste time and money; clean out your filter first and get back to where you were.  Get back to where you want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment