Friday, January 7, 2022

Half Baked


I was so smart Thanksgiving evening.  Or so I thought.  I had bought a new freezer a week earlier, so when the leftovers piled up Thanksgiving afternoon, I was ready.  I portioned them into smaller freezer bags so that I could bring out a little at a time.  I had one good sized piece of turkey breast that I put into a quart-sized freezer bag.  So, yesterday, I pulled it out to use.  I put the bag into a pot of water and then on the stove to warm it up.  After ten minutes in boiling water, I got it out, but it was still frozen in the middle.  So, I put it into the microwave for a defrost cycle to heat the inside.  I got it out and cut it open only to find it was still cold in the middle.  Not very appetizing.  There is nothing worse than half-baked food.  The Lord compared the tribe of Ephraim to a half-bake cake: they appeared good on the outside but were disgusting on the inside.  Hosea 7:8, “Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned.”  Hey, how are you before the Lord?  Are you just as true on the inside as you look good on the outside?  May it be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment