Sunday, January 23, 2022

Fermous


In 1975 we lived in a tiny trailer with a three-year-old and a new baby.  My wife used her left-over grocery money to buy Christmas presents.  My wife was frustrated because I knew what my present was because of the box that it was in: who doesn’t know a shirt box?!  So, she secretly bought me another present.  But when I got home from work one December afternoon, my little three-year-old daughter met me at the door with a smile and exclaimed, “Daddy, we got you a Fermous.”  My wife’s expression sank.  My stainless-steel thermos was outed.  David was not speaking of Christmas gifts when he said in Psalm 8:2, “Out of the mouth of babes …” but he would have agreed that children can’t keep secrets.  My wife got a hug from me while our innocent little girl looked on …. and all was well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment