Thursday, January 6, 2022

Directions or Advice?


OK, I’ll admit it.  I’m hooked on Google maps.  When someone begins to give me directions, I stop them and say, “Hold it.  Just give me the street address and I can find it.”  I don’t want, “Turn left at the white house and go down the road until you see a big oak tree on the right.  Then look for a red brick house …”  Just give me the physical address and Google can get me there.  But now it’s more than that.  When I head to church three times a week, I say (to the Google mike on my phone) “Calvary Independent Baptist church from here.”  And Google maps automatically lets me know if there is a slowdown on the interstate.  Then it suggests a better route.  And, it’s usually right!  Hey, in your spiritual life, are you looking for a map to heaven or advice on the best way to get there?  Almost anyone can tell you where heaven is, but only the blessed Holy Spirit can show you the best route.  God can point out slowdowns.  God can show roadblocks.  God can point out dangers ahead and recalculate your life so that you can make it to your destination safely.  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:5&6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  Don’t trust your life’s destination to your own wisdom; let the dear Lord get you to heaven safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment