Monday, January 3, 2022

New Toilet Seat


Our toilet seat is showing its age, and my wife said that it was time to replace it.  So, I went to Lowe’s and browsed the selection of toilet seats.  Our toilet is an almond color, so that narrowed the options.  It has an elongated bowl, which left only two possibilities: expensive and more expensive.  I decided on the cheaper of the two, which was still $37 plus tax.  When I began to install it, I was pleasantly surprised.  It was the slow-closing type, which is nice, because I won’t forget and drop the lid in the middle of the night and scare my wife awake.  But, the hinge is non-discriminatory: it closes slowly down AND opens slowly up.  So now, I have to fight with the toilet lid to make it stand open.  I lift it, and it has a tendency to want to spring back a little, which leaves it less than vertical, so it slowly closes again right in the middle of me using the toilet!  Very frustrating.  Hey, the trait that makes it popular (slow closing) also makes it frustrating (slow opening).  Hey, we humans have a similar problem.  God made us with a free-will because He wanted us to love Him freely.  God did not want an automaton who HAD to love Him.  But our free-will allowed Adam to disobey God as well.  And, like my new toilet seat, the advantage of free-will turned out to be our disadvantage as well.  But now comes the best part!  Paul said in Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”  Hallelujah! Jesus Christ stepped in and loved us enough to take our place in death!  By His sacrifice on Calvary, we can be restored to sweet fellowship with our Maker!  Hey, have you repented of your sins and accepted God’s free gift of salvation?  If not, do it now before it’s eternally too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment