Saturday, January 22, 2022

Free


I have learned to be cautious about those “free trials” on the internet.  The problem is that after the free trial period, the monthly cost begins.  And If I don’t monitor the free trial period, I have several costly subscriptions that add up.  Last week, I told my mechanic to watch out for a newer pick-up truck for me.  He responded, “What about a van?  This church has a van here in my parking lot that they want to get rid of.”  Well, I don’t really want a van because I haul 2X4’s and plywood, but our church needs a newer van to replace one that is beyond help.  So, my mechanic gave me the name and phone number of the pastor of the church.  My pastor called him, and because it is another church wanting to buy the van, the selling church is letting us have it for free!  Not just a free trial, but really free!  Paul told us of another free offer in the book of Romans.  God offers us free eternal life!  Paul said in Romans 5:18, “Therefore as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Jesus Christ) the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.”  Our relationship with God that we lost in Adam, can be regained in Jesus Christ!  And God wants you to be part of His forever family.  And because Jesus paid for it with His precious blood, for us it is free.  It cost Jesus dearly, but it is free to us.  Really free!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment