Thursday, January 20, 2022

Turkey Call


Satan has many tricks that he uses on me, but his best trick is deception.  Satan lies to me.  Just like a hunter uses a turkey call to lure a turkey in a little closer, Satan lures me into sin.  And when the hunter has lured the strutting turkey in close enough, he pulls the trigger and BOOM … it’s finished.  So, Satan lures me into sin.  But the book of James reminds me that Satan’s lures do not work unless I cooperate with him.  If the turkey didn’t come towards that fake sound of the hen, the turkey call wouldn’t work.  James 1:14, “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.”  My flesh causes me to fall for Satan’s lies!  James goes on to say in verse 15, “Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”  The result of sin is death.  And the result of the hunter’s turkey call is death.  The key is to follow close to the dear Lord and ignore the calls of Satan.  Satan’s calls won’t work unless I let him lure me away from God.  Hey, today, are you listening to God or listening to Satan?  One call leads to life everlasting, and the other call leads to death and destruction.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment