Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Unimportant


Do you ever feel invisible?  I do.  Sometimes when I am walking down a busy sidewalk, I feel like no one notices me.  The whole world is walking right by me, and no one really sees me.  In a group of people in animated conversation, I start to say something, but someone else begins to talk, and all eyes are drawn to them.  My unimportant words fade like a morning glory in the hot sun.  No one wants to hear what I have to say.  Hey, when Jesus was born, no one noticed … at first.  No one cared to help the little couple from Nazareth.  Did you know that there are three hundred prophecies of the Messiah in the Old Testament?!  Isaiah 9:1-7 is one of them.  Why not read it today.  Verse 1 says, “Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.”  Galilee (where Jesus ministered) was the least of the unimportant cities.  It was the last place that would have come to mind where the Messiah would have been found.  And in Micah 5:2 we read, “But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”  Bethlehem, the place of Jesus’ birth, was the least of the unimportant towns too.  But Jesus was born in Bethlehem and grew up in Galilee.  Before Jesus, no one knew of those tiny places … but they do now!  Hey, you may feel invisible, but take heart: God can use you too!  Just be patient and let God do His work in your life.  Just bloom where the good Lord plants you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment