Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Giving Grief


 

A week ago Wednesday, I ran by Lowe’s to pick up some light bulbs for church.  I had to replace a 150 watt bulb above the organ and a 60 watt bulb in one of the eight chandeliers.  Both bulbs were LED’s bought when the new LED’s were all the vogue.  But I’m sorry to say, they didn’t last half as long as they were supposed to last.  But they did last until I had lost the receipt, so I went back to Lowe’s to buy replacements.  I grabbed a four-pack of chandelier bulbs and picked up a big bulb for above the organ.  Brother Bob’s eyes are getting older, and he needs plenty of light.  But when I put the new bulb in above the organ, it was daylight instead of soft white.  Someone had put the wrong bulb in the tray at Lowe’s.  I didn’t want to take out the new bulb because I had already thrown away the old bulb, so I left it in.  But at least five people noticed the wrong color.  “No good deed goes unpunished,” I say.  After church, I took out the wrong bulb and the next day, I traded it for a soft white bulb at Lowe’s.  So, Sunday, the right bulb was above the organ, and wouldn’t you know it, no one noticed!  Five people called it to my attention when I put in the wrong bulb, but no one noticed when I put in the right bulb.  Hey, that’s the way it is in life.  Folk notice when things are wrong, but they don’t notice when things are right.  The same is true in the spiritual realm.  Peter said in I Peter 2:19, “For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.”  Do right and don’t worry if you get grief for it.  After all, Jesus went about doing good, and look where it got Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment