Thursday, August 3, 2023

Big Ole Bear

 


When my children were young, they would get up early on Saturdays.  Bummer.  Occasionally, I would send them back to bed, but they didn’t go to bed, they just sauntered around the trailer looking for something to get into.  So, to keep them occupied, I would have them crawl into bed between me and their mother.  But sleeping was over and lounging in bed was all that could be salvaged of a relaxing Saturday morning.  I would play Big Ole Bear with them.   I would cover our heads up like a quilted tent, slide one arm outside of the covers while making a growling sound.  The oldest child knew the farce and played along.  But the younger one was genuinely scared of the Big Ole Bear.  At which point, I would uncover his head and reveal my harmless hand.  He would chuckle at his fear, cover up, and enjoy the feigned danger.  The children knew that their dad would protect them from all harm … even from a big ole bear.  Little did they know.  Soon, they would grow up, and be out from under my protection.  As they left the house one by one, and ventured out into the big world, dad was still in the background, never more than a phone call away.  Hey, your heavenly Father is just a prayer away!  And the Lord loves you fiercely!  In His prayer to the Father, Jesus said in John 17:15, “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.”  We are in the world, but not of the world.  And Jesus didn’t just pray for His disciples; Jesus prayed for us too!  Jesus said to God the Father in John 17:20, “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.”  Jesus prayed for us!  How powerful is that?!  Hey, Jesus is still making intercession for you to the Father!  So, pray to Him often.  He loves you and wants only what is best for you.  You can trust in Jesus.  Yes, you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment