Friday, August 4, 2023

Dusty

 


It has been so dry that I have gone weeks since mowing my lawn.  But yesterday I had to knock off the tops of the weeds, so I mowed my lawn … and the dirt around the tree.  As I went back and forth, I saw the dust cloud boiling upwards.  And then I went through it!  Cough, cough, sneeze sneeze!  But eventually, I got through my mowing dustbowl.  When I went inside, my head was itching.  And when I scratched the itching spot, it felt gritty from the dust that had settled onto my head during my dusty mowing.  So, off to the shower and shampoo (twice) to get my hair clean.  What an ordeal.  Hey how often do we get soiled from the world infiltrating our spiritual lives?!  The smut on TV, the suggestive billboards, scantily clad girls at the grocery store, and vulgar language are everywhere.  Even if we try to live a clean Christian life, the world seems to settle onto us with its dirt and grime.  The apostle Peter reminds us in I Peter 1:14-16, “As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation (lifestyle); Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”  Just living in the 21st century vexes our Christian souls.  We need vigilance to live as we know we should.  Hey, speak out for Christ!  Speak out for Christian virtues!  Call out vulgarity and be vocal for the sake of the next generation.  Leave a legacy, not silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment