Saturday, August 19, 2023

Juice?

 



We had some friends over for supper last week.  They have four kids, so I wanted to get some things that the kids might like for the meal.  I bought this twenty-count juice pack that had little six-ounce juice containers with peel-off foil tops.  I let each kid pick out a drink.  Then I punched a hole in the foil top with a knife, inserted a bendy straw, and gave them their own drink.  The kids were happy.  The next day, there were several left over, so I decided to drink one.  But when I did, I discovered that they tasted like medicine!  I had gotten an orange-colored drink, but it didn’t taste at all like an orange.  A little later in the day, I tried a red colored one, but it tasted strangely the same.  No cherry flavor or strawberry flavor, just the same, medicine tasting generic taste.  Absolutely nasty!  The kids had not complained - they even got a second one!  But I found that whatever the color I picked, they all tasted the same.  How disappointing!  Those drinks reminded me of Satan’s allurements.  They are appealing with bright colors, but they all taste the same with the same nasty medicine after-taste!  The apostle John said in I John 2:16&17, “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”  Hey, don’t settle for nasty-tasting medicine juice; enjoy the real thing: enjoy Jesus Christ!  Only He can satisfy!

No comments:

Post a Comment