Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Hunger

 


As a ten-year-old boy, I can remember getting off the school bus, running home, throwing the front door open and announcing, “I am starving!”  But, of course, I wasn’t actually starving.  I was only hungry, as most young boys always are.  But since childhood, I can never really remember starving.  God has blessed me so much, and I am thankful.  But often I go through periods of starving for spiritual food.  But spiritual hunger is a good thing.  And those who “… hunger and thirst after righteousness …” are even called ‘blessed’ by the Lord Himself!  The prophet Amos said in Amos 8:11, “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.”  And just like the nation of Israel had drifted from God, our country has drifted from the Lord and is in a spiritual famine!  But the fault is not with the politicians, nor the drug dealers, nor the human traffickers; the problem is with us Christians who are not crying out to the dear Lord for mercy for our nation!  Hey, we need to pray for America!  May the dear Lord have mercy upon our nation, is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment