Sunday, October 22, 2017

I Kings 1:17



I Kings 1:17 And she said unto him, My lord, thou swarest by the LORD thy God unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne. David was old - older than me - and at the end of his life. Adonijah, one of David’s sons, installed himself as king in David’s place. Bathsheba came to David and reminded him that he had promised her son, Solomon, to be the next king of Israel. David was old and sickly and unaware of Adonijah’s claims, but he remembered his promise to Bathsheba. So David called Zadok the priest, Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah the captain of the king’s guard. He told them to get a detachment of soldiers, blow trumpets in Gihon, and to anoint Solomon as king over Israel. When the people heard all of the fanfare and saw the important people praising the new king, they began to sing and dance and carry on with great excitement. And when Adonijah heard and saw the excitement, his followers melted away. God was with Solomon and God blessed Solomon as the rightful king to David’s throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment