Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Kings 5:2



I Kings 5:2 And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying, … now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent. And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God, as the LORD spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name. Solomon’s father, David, was a great king. But David had to fight for everything he had. He was constantly at war with the Philistines and the Edomites and the Ammonites. David wanted to build a house for God, but God told David that he had “bloody hands”. God didn’t want David to build Him a house. So David gathered stones and gold and wood and made a great stockpile of supplies for his son to use. When Solomon became king after David, Solomon was ready to build the house for God. And was it something special! It was big and beautiful! Everyone who came to Jerusalem marveled at the Temple to the God of Israel! It took Solomon seven years to build it! Solomon loved God. Do you love God too?

No comments:

Post a Comment