Monday, October 2, 2017

I Samuel 30:6-8



I Samuel 30:6-8 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David. And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all. David and his 600 men were out fighting the Philistines when the Amalekites snuck in behind them and captured their women folk and their children. So when the soldiers came back home and all their families were gone, they were overcome with grief! They were ready to kill their leader, David. But David encouraged himself with the Lord! David devised a plan and pursued it. Soon, everyone was back with their family. David asked Abiathar, the priest, “Shall I go after the Amalekites? Can I safely re-capture our families?” And God answered, “Go after them. You will win because I will be with you!” And He was! Isn’t it great to know that God is with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment