Monday, October 16, 2017

II Samuel 18:33



II Samuel 18:33 And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son! When King David heard that Absalom was dead, he wept bitter tears. David knew that he had been wrong and had let Absalom get by with too much. But still, he loved his son. And now that his son was gone, David carried the guilt of all that he had done wrong. Guilt is not the same as sorrow. God uses sorrow to motivate us to make a change. But Satan uses guilt to defeat us and to discourage us. So how do you tell the difference between sorrow and guilt? Sorrow is from God and leads to repentance and restoration. Guilt is from the devil and leads to discouragement. Guilt never helps. But godly sorrow leads to repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment