Saturday, October 21, 2017

II Samuel 24:21,22,24



II Samuel 24:21,22,24 And Araunah said, Wherefore is my lord the king come to his servant? And David said, To buy the threshingfloor of thee, to build an altar unto the LORD, … And Araunah said unto David, Let my lord the king take and offer up what seemeth good unto him: … And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. David sent all around Israel to get a count of all of the fighting men. But God wanted David to depend upon him and not on how many fighting men he had. So God judged David for his unfaithfulness. God sent a powerful angel with a sword to punish Israel. David fell upon his face before God in repentance and begged God for mercy. And God heard David’s cry and stopped the angel just as he came to Araunah’s threshing floor. So David went to Araunah and asked to buy his threshing floor to raise up an altar there to God. Araunah wanted to give his property to David, the king. But David said, “Absolutely not! I will not give anything to God that has cost me nothing. I will pay you for it.” And he did! Araunah set a price and David gladly paid it. David was glad to worship God for His grace in halting the death angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment