Monday, October 23, 2017

I Kings 3:5



I Kings 3:5 In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. Solomon, David’s son, loved the Lord and put God first in his kingdom. The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, “Ask anything of Me, and I will give it to you.” What an awesome request! God would have given Solomon anything that he requested! But Solomon didn’t hesitate. He didn’t ask for wealth; he didn’t ask for fame; he didn’t ask for victory over his enemies. Solomon asked for wisdom from God to rule over God’s people. What a wise request! And God was very pleased with the request. God said, “You have made a very wise request, Solomon. I will indeed give you wisdom. And because you have made a wise request, I will also give you wealth, and fame, and for victory over your enemies.” Solomon got it all! And all because he desired to serve God and to do his best for his country. I hope that we want to do our best for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment