Friday, October 27, 2017

I Kings 6:11



I Kings 6:11 And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying, Concerning this house which thou art in building, if thou wilt walk in my statutes, and execute my judgments, and keep all my commandments to walk in them; then will I perform my word with thee, which I spake unto David thy father: And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel. Solomon built a beautiful house for God to live in. But what if God decided not to live in the house? It would not be a Temple to God; it would just be a beautiful building. Solomon and his people had to commit to obey God before God would agree to live in the Temple which they built. God was more interested in his people obeying Him than He was in them building Him a beautiful house to live in! And so it is with us. Which is God more interested in: us giving our offerings or praying to God? Building a nice church house or reading our Bibles? God is all about relationships and fellowship. God is not about buildings or things. Never forget Solomon’s lessons. God wants to talk with us every day. God doesn’t need our money; He wants our fellowship!

No comments:

Post a Comment