Thursday, May 28, 2020

Fiesta China


Today, as I emptied the dishwasher and put away the clean dishes, I was reminded to pray for three churches in West Virginia.  Let me explain.  My children bought my wife some Fiesta dishes for Christmas several years ago.  Five years ago I was on my way to Parkersburg, West Virginia when I saw signs for the Fiesta Discount Store in Sutton, West Virginia.  It is just off I-79 past Charleston before you get to Buckhannon.  I stopped at the outlet and was blown away by the bargains.  There were wooden bins filled with dishes, bowls, platters, cups, and you name it.  They were from the Homer Laughlin China Company, maker of the Fiesta brand dinnerware in Newell, West Virginia.  These dishes were seconds (I couldn’t tell any difference from the first quality) and had been collecting in the back of the factory for years.  And they were dirt cheap!  I bought 50 different pieces but paid just a few bucks for them.  I had three VBS’s and a week of Bible camp that summer at three churches in the West Virginia area.  Whenever I put away those dishes - which is daily - I am reminded to pray for those dear people six hours away.  Paul said in II Thessalonians 3:1, “Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you.”  I have dear friends around the world praying for me and my wife.  I am sensitive to pray for them when reminded by the Holy Spirit.  Hey, why not pray for Kathy and me right now?  And when you click on a “like” or “love” or whatever here on Facebook, I’ll be reminded to pray for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment