Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Cake or the Recipe?


Have you ever had a cake that was so good that you wanted the recipe?  I haven’t, but my wife has.  Ha, ha!  Therein lies the difference.  You see, I like the cake, but my wife likes the cake recipe.  She likes to bake a cake, but I just like to eat a cake.  Hey often we are the same way with the Lord above.  Do we like the things that God gives to us, or do we love the God who gives to us good things?  God loves His dear children and delights in giving us good things.  But often we are distracted by the things forgetting the One who gave them to us.  Will our heavenly Father give us good things?  Absolutely!  Jesus said in Matthew 7:11, “… how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"  Enjoy the good things that our Father gives us.  But, don’t forget to give thanks to the Giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment