Sunday, May 10, 2020

French Dialogues


I had a good French teacher in high school, Mrs. McFadden.  She had us memorize these dialogues between two or three people.  The only problem was that they were in French, and I didn’t understand anything that they were saying.  But I made it through the year, and the next, and the third.  Then. one evening, as I was going through some old stuff at home, and I found one of those first-year French dialogues.  As I read it, it made perfect sense to me because after three years, I knew how to speak French!  What seemed nonsense three years earlier now made perfect sense.  Hey, that’s how it was with the death of Jesus Christ.  His disciples had thought that Jesus was the Messiah Who was going to liberate their country from the Roman occupation.  They didn’t realize that His kingdom was a spiritual one.  But Jesus had been arrested, tried, and executed so suddenly, and now He was dead and gone.  On that first Easter morning, the women came to the tomb of Jesus, but found his body missing.  Standing nearby were two angels in shining garments.  Luke 24:5&6, “… they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee.”  The women had forgotten what Jesus had told them.  But at that moment, as they looked upon the empty tomb, they remembered.  Hey, do you remember the Words that you have read in the Bible?  Read them again.  Study them.  Memorize them.  They will do you great good.  Much more than French dialogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment