Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mother's Day


Mother’s Day is tomorrow, and I have floods of memories of wonderful ladies in my life who are awesome mothers.  I have two daughters and a daughter-in-law who are great mothers to my grandchildren.  My dear wife has been my faithful companion for over 48 years and a great mother to my four children.  I think of my own mom who left this world a little over a year ago.  She was a nurturing mother who wasn’t afraid of doing right by me.  She taught me discipline, tenacity, and hard work.  Corralling five children was no easy task.  She made us work; she made us obey’ and she made it fun.  But most of all, my mother took us to church.  Late one spring, about this time of year, she worked with us kids and we secretly memorized Ephesians 6 while my dad was away at work.  On Father’s Day, we quoted it for him.  But actually, the gift was ours - those Bible verses were in our hearts.  I was startled awake one night by a figure at the foot of my bed.  There in the darkness was my mother kneeling and praying for me.  I could barely hear what she was saying because she wasn’t talking to me.  She was talking to her heavenly Father on my behalf.  Now she sees her heavenly Father face to face.  As my mother, my wife, and my daughters, our mothers labor with eternity in view.  Hey, Make a difference in your world, one child at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment