Friday, May 1, 2020

Watershed Moments


There are some events in our lives that are burned into our memories.  I remember where I was when I heard the news that President John F. Kennedy had been shot.  I can still see that day in my mind.  I remember exactly where I was on 9/11.  My wife called and told me to turn on the TV because the World Trade Tower had been attacked.  There are some watershed moments in our lives that are so important that we can never forget the day that they happened.  Easter Sunday morning is one of those moments.  Jesus had been executed, his disciples were hiding in fear, His movement was crushed.  But then, the first day of the week following Passover, word came that His body was missing.  It was first reported by the women, who were excitable.  But then Peter and John verified the fact.  They had actually seen the empty tomb.  But then Jesus Himself had appeared!  No one could forget that moment.  Jesus was actually alive!  So, how about us in the 21st century?  Does the resurrection of Jesus have real importance to us?  Is it a powerful memory for us?  Hey, let’s take heed to the words of the angels spoken to the women found in Matthew 28:5&6, “… Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.”  We should remember that first Easter Sunday.  We should tell others of that wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment