Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Small Business


I have a “Ringgold Santa” page that I use for contacts at Christmas time.  I just got a notice that my “Small Business” might have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and shutdown, and that I should apply for a “Small Business Grant/Loan” to protect me and my employees.  Hey, the elves and reindeer might get compensated for missed time off work!  But come to think of it, this is their “off time” anyway.  Seriously, this kind of thinking is what is wrong with our country.  We don’t need more money (that my grandchildren will have to pay back); we just need to get back to work … safely.  Paul said it best in II Thessalonians 3:10, “For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.”  If people are infirm, too old to work, or unable to work for good reasons, the church should help them.  We don’t need more government help; we need government to just get out of the way and let Americans do what they do best the way that they do it best: work.  Whew!  Now, I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment