Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Temporal vs. Eternal


I have had only one new car in my life.  It was a 1974 Gremlin.  Don’t say it!  Don’t say it!  But twelve years later, it was junk.  Some might even say eleven years.  I bought a brand new 55 ft. trailer and paid $5,000 for it.  We went by that trailer today, 48 years later, and it is sooooo run down.  But I bought a diamond for my wife in 1971, and it is just as brilliant today as it was the day that I bought it.  It cost me $300 then and is worth $2,000 now.  When Jesus was on earth, He fed 5,000 men on one occasion.  But they all got hungry again.  He raised a dead man to life, but the man died again.  He caused the blind to see, but their eyes faded as they grew older.  But when Jesus died on the cross to pay for my sins, and I trusted Jesus as my personal Savior in 1956, my salvation is still as good today as when I believed as a six-year-old boy.  Hey, it’s even better!  John said in John 10:27&28, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”  My eternal security is as good as my wife’s diamond ring and will last forever and forever.  And you can count on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment